Windows native compile of MinGW GnuPG fails two tests

Joe Vender jvender at owensboro.net
Thu Dec 4 10:51:51 CET 2003

 > Does anyone have any idea why a build of GnuPG (official code)
 > compiled on a windows 98 platform for windows (native build, not cross
 > compiled) using MinGW and MSYS on windows fails these two tests?

<standard-reply> Because those toolchains are not supported.  They
might work but I see no reason to officially support them. </>
--
*Its certainly your choice, since you're the creator of GnuPG and the
official source, but one good reason is because there are a lot more
 > FAILED: conventional-mdc.test (occurs on every 1.2.x and 1.3.x tried)
 > [contents of conventional-mdc.test.log]

Hmmm, running tests on native Windows?  They are definitely written
for a POSIX system.
--
*23 of the 25 tests did pass using the native w32 build, so there must
be at least some compatibility. But, am I to assume from your response

Joe