Windows native compile of MinGW GnuPG fails two tests

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Dec 4 20:57:50 CET 2003

On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 12:15:16 -0600, John Clizbe said:

> PS: Arguing that there are a lot more Windows users than *nix users, is
> likely not the way to convince Werner that supporting mingw building is a
> worthy endevour.

We support Mingw32 longer than mingw32.org exists. Well, I mean my
version which is basically Colin Peter's orginal one, modified as a
cross compiler. The mingw.org developers refused (i.e. never replied)
on my requests to merge oure works.

Furthermore this cross compiler allows us to but required functions
into the runtime and not into GnuPG.  This is very convenient and it
is possible to use this kit under Cygwin32 on a Windows box.

Werner Koch                                      <wk at gnupg.org>
The GnuPG Experts                                http://g10code.com
Free Software Foundation Europe                  http://fsfeurope.org