[Patch] New option --http-proxy

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Sat Dec 6 13:36:02 CET 2003

On Sat, Dec 06, 2003 at 05:15:39PM +0100, Christian Biere wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Christian Biere wrote:
> > I wrote a patch for gpg 1.2.2 which adds the option --http-proxy
> > which has the same semantics as --honor-http-proxy and needs
> > a second argument which has the same syntax as $http_proxy.
>
> I never got a comment on this. I think (at leat I hope) the patch
> was straight-forward. Ok, one thing you probably don't like about
> it is including "g10/options.h". Well, but I don't know.
> Could I have a "yes" or "no"? (No rime intended.)

I don't recall the original mail, but in general I would like to avoid
new top-level options for keyserver functions, especially as there is
a more specific place to put them.

The idea itself seems reasonable.  I'd just rather see it as (for
example) "--keyserver-options http-proxy=foo.bar".  I can put it on
the list for 1.3.x if you like.

David