gpgsm and gpgme?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Dec 29 20:46:42 CET 2003

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 19:39:02 +0100, Albrecht Dreß said:

> is it possible to use gpgsm (version 1.9.3) through gpgme (0.4.3)? I tried
> to use it for checking a detached s/mime signature, but gpgme_op_verify()

Sure.

> failes with source "GPGME" and error "Invalid crypto engine". The same
> call sequence (with protocol OpenPGP instead of CMS, of course) works fine
> to check detached OpenPGP signatures. Any ideas?

Have a look at the log file. to debug gpgsm put the line

log-file /tmp/mygpgsm.log

into gpgsm.conf.  If this does not show up the problem, you might want
to run your application like

GPGME_DEBUG=5:/tmp/mygpgme.log  ./myapp

Hth,

Werner Koch                                      <wk at gnupg.org>