problem with

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Tue Feb 11 13:10:01 CET 2003

On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 11:28:15PM +0100, Janusz A . Urbanowicz wrote:
> alex at FUCKUP:[~]:4:0:> gpg -v --version
> gpg (GnuPG) 1.2.0
> []
> []
>
> ~/.gnupg/gpg.conf contains the following line:
>
> personal-digest-preferences h3
>
> but when I do gpg --clearsign testmessage:

[..]

> It is still hashed using SHA1 instead of RIPEMD-160 I selected. Why?

The personal-xxxxx-preferences commands only apply during operations
that involve a recipient.  Otherwise, --digest-algo is used.

However, read the gnupg-users thread entitled "Personal prefs" from
November of 2002.  Someone asked the same question back then, and the
development GnuPG was changed to consult personal-digest-preferences
if digest-algo was not set.

David

--
   David Shaw  |  dshaw at jabberwocky.com  |  WWW http://www.jabberwocky.com/