problem with prefs

Janusz A. Urbanowicz alex at syjon.fantastyka.net
Tue Feb 11 13:47:01 CET 2003

yes, I remember the thread, especially what you wrote:

| Yes.  Putting cipher-algo or digest-algo in gpg.conf should really
| only be used in very special circumstances.  The prefs functions let
| you do the same thing, but in a safe manner that won't generate
| messages that violate the recipients preferences.

So, there's not a good way to use RIPEMD160 for clearsigning without risking
a major breakage?

I know it is a Good Thing to emit messages that have undefined recipient to
have minimal protocol requirements for the recipient, but in the case I'd
like to switch the hash. Why does perconal-digest-preferences not affect
clearsigning? A deliberate design decision? I'm curious.

Alex