Translations are not displayed correctly

Gordon Worley redbird at rbisland.cx
Fri Feb 21 03:03:01 CET 2003

On Tuesday, February 18, 2003, at 11:15 AM, David Shaw wrote:

> It seem OS X is sufficiently different from my systems here that I'm
> not going to be able to help you.  You might check out the mailing
> lists at http://macgpg.sourceforge.net/.  There is a lot of OS X
> information there.

Hi, David.

We've been trying to deal with this problem for some time and can't
seem to find a solution.  The problem is that the output of GnuPG is in
UTF-8 and so Terminal.app needs to be set to use UTF-8 to display
messages correctly but the translations do not come through in UTF-8
(I'm guessing that they're usually in some encoding with the word Latin
in it somewhere).  I find it odd that this doesn't cause problems on
other systems, because it causes all sorts of weirdness over here.

How are the translations done?  What encodings are they available in?

--
Gordon Worley - Mac GPG Project
http://macgpg.sourceforge.net/              ``Doveriai no proveriai.''

--
Gordon Worley                     `When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty
http://www.rbisland.cx/            said, `it means just what I choose