feature suggestion

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Fri Jan 3 17:38:02 CET 2003

On Fri, Jan 03, 2003 at 05:12:39PM +0100, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Fri, 3 Jan 2003 15:28:33 +0100, Janusz A Urbanowicz said:
>
> > No MUA I know of, does this. Maybe the Mahogany will do.
>
> I have a Mutt version which does this and the latest KMail does it
> also.
>
> > I also don't know if it is good idea to enlist all possible
> > addresses that I may use in any context. I can think of about 8
> > addresses that my emails can come from (that I use in various
> > contexts and situations). Should I list all
>
> At least a warning should be displayed.  I am pretty sure that this is
> a real world attack.

I think a warning (rather than a hard error) is the right thing to do
here.  It's something the user needs to know, but the false positive
rate would be too high to make it a hard error except in special
situations.

David

--
   David Shaw  |  dshaw at jabberwocky.com  |  WWW http://www.jabberwocky.com/