Newbie Question

Divya Sundaram divya at avnika.com
Mon Jul 28 07:01:01 CEST 2003

Hi all,

Perhaps this is not the correct place to ask, but I'd like to
give it a shot anyways.

At my work, we have a large LDAP Directory deployed and we'd like
to work at integrating the PGP/GnuPG keystore with the LDAP Directory.

Two questions come to mind:

(1) What are my options if I wished to run an open-source PGP/GnuPG
    Key store?
(2) How do I integrate it with the LDAP Directory?
(3) Is there any way to use the LDAP Server as a Key Store itself?

PGP claims there is and sent me some docs. However, the information
contained was inadequate.

I have a fair bit of expertise with LDAP and a little knowledge of
PGP and GnuPG. I would like to find some answers to the above and
(since I do expect them to be lacking) see if I can help with filling
the gaps to make the solution more savory.

Regards

Divya Sundaram ----------------------------- CONDITUR IN PETRA
We don't need more strength, or greater opportunity. What we
need is to use what we have.                  - BASIL S. WALSH