Feature request, Was: Re: --clearsign with file containing --

5468696A6D656E thijmen at xs4all.nl
Wed Mar 19 01:51:02 CET 2003

On Tue, Mar 18, 2003 at 11:27:35PM +0100, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> > Using --status-fd does not show the hash either.
> >
> > Only thing i can think of is this:
> > gpg -a --clearsign -o output input
> > (get the used hash from the Hash: header)
> > gpg -a --detach-sign -o output input
> > (use hash, input and output to construct a rfc 3156 signature)
> >
> > Am i missing something obvious to make this easier?
>
> Well, I guess that you can get the hash that is used from the
> corresponding bits in the signature. In clearsigned messages the hash
> is mentioned at the start of the clearsigned message so that gpg only
> needs to parse the clearsigned message once. The hash is mentioned
> because the signature is at the end of the clearsigned message.

In that case i would like a feature that displays (either with -v or
with --status-fd) the hash which is used to sign data. I do not
want to make or use a openpgp format parser just for the purpose
of seeing which hash is used in a signature.. (would be a bit overkill
:-)

Developers. would it be possible to have on a verbose (non-default)
mode (like when using -v or --status-fd) that gpg will display
which hash it uses when signing messages?

Thanx,
Th.

--
__Thijmen Klok________