Problem with C++ wrapper and gpgme

Marcus Brinkmann Marcus.Brinkmann at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Mon May 26 21:13:03 CEST 2003

On Mon, May 26, 2003 at 09:27:23PM +0400, Yenot wrote:
> Even that solution can be problematic.  Let's say your application
> is a keymanager written in C++. Your goal is to take the information
> from *all* keys on a keyring and display them in a pretty GUI.

The one thing that can save you even if you use GPGME is that GPGME can be
used asynchronously, ie you can use the partial results returned by GPGME to
start to display the keylist.  This assumes that GPGME is too slow and it
can't be fixed.  I hesitate to make performance claims without a prior
profiling analysis.

> For this, your best bet is parse the raw binary output of
> "gpg --list-keys".

You can often trade performance against generality.  This is ok as long as
you know what you are doing, and are aware of the consequences.

Thanks,
Marcus

--
`Rhubarb is no Egyptian god.' GNU      http://www.gnu.org    marcus at gnu.org