gnupg 1.2.2 on aix 5.1 on P660s and P690s

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Oct 14 15:20:58 CEST 2003

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 10:43:36 -0700, Ryan Wyler said:

> AIX 5.1 on P660 and P690 systems are still hanging.  Anyone else reporting
> this issue or is there any sort of work around?  We want to be able to use
> gnupg but this issue has become a huge road block.

There seems to be a problem with these CPUs.  I have a similar report
for Libgcrypt which is based on the GnuPG code.  Lacking access to such
a machine, I can't do very much right now.

Did you try to build gnupg with

./configure --disable-asm

?  If this works the problem is in the assembler code, we
didn't touched for years.

Werner Koch                                      <wk at gnupg.org>
The GnuPG Experts                                http://g10code.com
Free Software Foundation Europe	                 http://fsfeurope.org