Problems with compatibility between GnuPG 1.2.2 and PGPTools 7.0.3

Boix Ricart Marc mricart at montrouge.sema.slb.com
Thu Sep 4 19:06:02 CEST 2003

Hello all,

I'm trying to validate keys compatibility between the GnuPG v1.2.2 for
Microsoft Windows and the soft PGPTools ver 7.0.3.
With public keys I didn't found any problem, but if I try to import secret
keys  errors appears...

First, when:
         - I import a RSA legacy pair of keys (generated with PGPTools) in
GnuPG,
         - Next I encrypt a message with the public key (of the previous
pair) with PGPTools
         - And finally I try to decrypt the message with GnuPG
I receive the error GPGME_Cipher_IDEA (I'm using GPGMe to develop). Do you
know if it's normal?

And now, my big problem!
         - I generate a pair of keys (the type isn't important) with GnuPG
         - I export the secret key from GnuPG and I import it in PGPTools.
         - Next I encrypt a message with its public key with GnuPG.
         - And finally I try to decrypt the message with PGPTools
The PGPTools not recognize the passphrase of the secret key. Actually,
PGPTools has correctly imported the secret key, but it doesn't catch the
passphrase, because if I try to sign with the same secret key with
PGPTools, it say that the secret key hasn't passphrase.
I don't understand why! ;P

Thanks a lot,

Marc