Aw: Re: gpg-agent

Albrecht Dreß albrecht.dress at arcor.de
Wed Apr 28 08:57:12 CEST 2004

> That's certainly suboptimal, but note that the string must be provided
> in UTF-8.

O.K., if it's a requirement - no problem! But I suspect gpg (or gpg-agent) feeding a *non utf8 string* into pinentry-gtk, which would then b a bug on that side. This would at least explain why I can't see any output, as my UID contains a "ß" char. Is there a possibility to debug the stuff fed into pinentry by gpg-agent?

> This is only relevant if pinentry is used in curses mode, and relates
> to the character set used on the terminal that pinentry should display
> the dialog box on.  It has nothing to do in particular with your
> environment, because it must be provided by the invoker (via OPTIONS
> --lc-type=... etc).

I see - thanks for the explanation!

> Dunno.  How do Gtk apps know the theme to use?

I think it's coming from reading $HOME/.gtk or $HOME/.gtkrc during gtk_init(). I'll try to check that, but it's been a long time since I hacked with gtk1...

Thanks, Albrecht.