gpg-agent

Marcus Brinkmann marcus.brinkmann at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Apr 29 22:17:13 CEST 2004

At Tue, 27 Apr 2004 14:23:57 +0200,
Werner Koch wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 13:19:26 +0200, Sylvain Beucler said:
>
> > With pinentry-curses, the second time gpg needs my passphrase, I get:
> > gpg-agent[11424]: command get_passphrase failed: Operation cancelled
> > gpg-agent[11424]: DBG: map_to_assuan_status called with no error source
>
> That might be a bug in the curses version.
>
> Marcus, can you please check what's going wrong?

The cancel error is likely a failure of pinentry_utf8_to_local, for
which we currently don't set pinentry->locale_err.

Why a conversion error occurs I don't know.  Maybe gpg-agent does not
send the strings in UTF-8?

> > pinentry-gtk, on the contrary, ask me the passphrase the first time,
> > and remember it then.

pinentry-gtk does not seem to fail on all conversion errors (but ignore some).

Thanks,
Marcus