[OT] pinentry 0.7.1 & Gtk+-2

Marcus Brinkmann marcus.brinkmann at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue Aug 17 20:31:18 CEST 2004

Hi Albrecht,

At Sun, 23 May 2004 16:36:43 +0200,
Albrecht Dreß wrote:
> a while ago I hacked a patch to provide Gtk+-2 support for pinentry 0.7.
> Meanwhile pinentry 0.7.1 has been released as well as a new Gnome disto
> building on top of gtk+-2.4.x. I therefore hacked a new patch for this...

Thanks for providing this patch.  I have put it into CVS now.  There
are only a couple of issues left for now:

1. The GNU coding style should be honored, at least for our own code.
   It doesn't make much sense for gtksecentry.{c,h}, but I changed it
   for pinentry-gtk-2.c.  Please keep this in mind for the future.

2. We need a clearer copyright statement from you for
   gtksecentry.{h,c}.  Right now it is just a short reference to the
   GNU LGPL, but we want the full 19 line blurb.  In particular, you
   give no version, so we don't know if you mean version 2 or later,
   or just version 2, or whatever.

   The simplest thing for you would be to just add yourself to the top
   of the file, where the other authors are listed, like this:

   Copyright (C) 2003 Mr X
   Copyright (C) 2004 Albrecht

3. We have no copyright in padlock-keyhole.xpm.  I think you told me
   you got it from some other free software project, but we need to
   keep track of that, and prefereable by adding a 19 line blurb and
   copyright notice to the file itself.

4. I think we would want assignment for the changes to
   pinentry-gtk-2.c and the configure.ac and Makefile.am files
   (gtksecentry.{h,c} are special again).  Are you willing to do that?

> I use it for quite a while without problems, but I must admit that I would
> feel a lot better if some of you crypto gurus could have a look at it...

Certainly.  I didn't do a real audit, so that's still open.  But I
browsed a bit over it.

Thanks,
Marcus