[BUG?] gpgme 0.9.0 & passphrase oddity

Marcus Brinkmann marcus.brinkmann at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Aug 18 02:11:00 CEST 2004

At Tue, 27 Jul 2004 17:57:32 +0000,
Albrecht Dreß wrote:

> [1  <text/plain; ISO-8859-1 (quoted-printable)>]
> Am 20.07.04 21:54 schrieb(en) Marcus Brinkmann:
> > I agree :) This does not seem to be a GPGME issue, though.  Some
> > versions of gpg-agent swallow the cancel from pinentry.  I have to
> > take a closer look at which versions are affected.
>
> I meanwhile upgraded to gpg(-agent) 1.9.10 (from 1.9.8), but this wrong
> behaviour is still there.
>
> The other software I use is gpg 1.2.5, gpgme 0.9.0 and pinentry 0.7.1,
> with my gtk+-2.4 patch applied and using the gtk-2 version. It does reply
> with "ERR 111 canceled" when I press "Cancel" after GETPIN. Is this the
> correct behaviour, or did I make a mistake there?

I put sort of a work around into gpg CVS, look for the change in g10/:

2004-08-18  Marcus Brinkmann  <marcus at g10code.de>

        * passphrase.c (agent_get_passphrase): Fix detection of gpg-agent
        cancellation.

The issue is that you still won't get a proper Cancel message in
GPGME, but probably "Bad Passphrase".  That's a first step.  A proper
fix requires further fixes in GPG.