compiling libassuan on solaris

Darrell Esau desau at sodapopboy.com
Sun Aug 22 18:59:16 CEST 2004

Hello all,

I'm trying to compile assuan on solaris 9..

After changing a couple PF_LOCAL and AF_LOCAL's to PF_UNIX and AF_UNIX
the compile is dieing in assuan-domain-connect.c with this:

assuan-domain-connect.c: In function `domain_reader':
assuan-domain-connect.c:104: error: structure has no member named
`msg_control'
assuan-domain-connect.c:105: error: structure has no member named
`msg_controllen'
assuan-domain-connect.c:125: error: structure has no member named
`msg_flags'
assuan-domain-connect.c:157: error: structure has no member named
`msg_control'
assuan-domain-connect.c:158: error: structure has no member named
`msg_controllen'
assuan-domain-connect.c:181: error: structure has no member named
`msg_controllen'
assuan-domain-connect.c:196: warning: implicit declaration of function
`CMSG_DATA'

Now.. looking in my sys/socket.h, I see this:
struct msghdr {
        void            *msg_name;              /* optional address */
        socklen_t       msg_namelen;            /* size of address */
        struct iovec    *msg_iov;               /* scatter/gather array */
        int             msg_iovlen;             /* # elements in msg_iov */

#if defined(_XPG4_2) || defined(_KERNEL)
        void            *msg_control;           /* ancillary data */
        socklen_t       msg_controllen;         /* ancillary data buffer
len */
        int             msg_flags;              /* flags on received
message */
#else
        caddr_t         msg_accrights;  /* access rights sent/received */
        int             msg_accrightslen;
#endif  /* defined(_XPG4_2) || defined(_KERNEL) */
};

So -- it would appear that the missing fields are in the struct, but
only if the compile flags _XPG4_2 or _KERNEL are set.

I've tried setting both of these -- compilation really freaks out when I
do  :(

Any suggestions on how to get this compiled on solaris?

Thanks,