[Announce] GnuPG 1.3.93 released

Patrick Brunschwig patrick.brunschwig at gmx.net
Wed Dec 15 21:46:32 CET 2004

Werner Koch wrote:
> Hello!
>
> The latest and hopefully last release candidate for GnuPG 1.4 is ready
> for public consumption.
>
> We strongly encourage people to try this release candidate and report
> any feedback or problems to gnupg-devel at gnupg.org.  If you have been
> waiting until the 1.4 release is imminent before trying the code, that
> time is now.

It looks like the file renaming bug on Windows XP (and 2000) is still
there. I have done some more testing, and with this version, it's not
possible to generate any new key. Gnupg tries to rename
c:/path/to/some/dir\secring.tmp to c:/path/to/some/dir\secring.gpg
but this fails ("permission denied"), and consequently the public key is
not saved at all.

-Patrick