(no subject)

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Dec 16 09:26:57 CET 2004

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 00:11:43 +0000 (GMT), Nielsen  said:

> I don't understand. How would a user move his long-time secret keys to
> another machine when he upgrades? Note I'm talking about a simple user
> here, 'use the command line' is not an option.

Backup and restore ~/.gnupg of course.

> However, the fact that we (that's Seahorse) are currently depending
> less and less on GPGME and more and more on home brewed command line

The secret keys are special.  Where else do you have problems?

Direct access to keyservers?  gpg supports colon formatted output and
thus we are able to add this keyserver searches to gpgme.  We ahve
already done this for gpgsm, so the infrastructure is more or less
available.

Manipulation of options?  gpgconf (from gnupg 1.9) does this job fine
for KDE and works with all current gpg versions.

Shalom-Salam,