Memory lock problem on aix 4.3.3

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Feb 10 16:20:59 CET 2004

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 14:47:01 +0100, Emanuel Quass said:

> First there was a problem in the mpi-directory, but after running
> configure with: " CC='gcc -U_IBMR2' " the build was possible.

Well, it depends on the CPU.  Without access to a test machine, it is
hard to do a real fix.  The culprit seems to be mpi/longlong.h.

> gpg: can't lock memory: Not owner

Can you please check which error symbol corresponds with "Not owner"?
We don't print this message for known error codes (e.g. EPERM), so we
need to know what AIX uses here.

Workaround:  In util/secmem.c you find this

    if( err ) {
	if( errno != EPERM
#ifdef EAGAIN  /* OpenBSD returns this */
	    && errno != EAGAIN
#endif
#ifdef ENOSYS  /* Some SCOs return this (function not implemented) */
	    && errno != ENOSYS
#endif
#ifdef ENOMEM  /* Linux can return this */
            && errno != ENOMEM
#endif
	  )
	    log_error("can't lock memory: %s\n", strerror(err));
	show_warning = 1;
    }

replace log_error by log_info and gpg should return without an
error.

Werner Koch                                      <wk at gnupg.org>
The GnuPG Experts                                http://g10code.com
Free Software Foundation Europe                  http://fsfeurope.org