[Fwd: Re: Compiling GnuPG on Cygwin]

Volker Quetschke quetschke at scytek.de
Thu Jan 15 14:09:57 CET 2004

Sorry for dropping in here that late, but I have to set something
straight:

>> How do I build the GnuPG 1.2.3 binary from the source so that the binary
>> doesn't need any cygwin DLLs to run?

The Announcement of the last (all) the Gnupg packages for cygwin
also mentions how to build a native W32 gnupg.
<http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2003-05/msg00017.html>

--- --- --- quote --- --- ---
You find build instructions for a windows native executable (MinGW) after
unpacking the source (see gnupg-1.2.2.README for details) in:
   /usr/src/gnupg-1.2.2-1/CYGWIN-PATCHES/gnupg.MinGW.README
--- --- --- quote --- --- ---

> AFAIK it is not possible to create a Cygwin binary which does not
> rely on at least cygwinXXX.dll.
That is wrong, you can use the cygwin environment to create
native windows applications, when you use gcc with the command
switch -mno-cygwin you are essentially using mingw.

Volker

P.S.: I'll update the cygwin gnupg package in the next few days.

--
PGP/GPG key  (ID: 0x9F8A785D)  available  from  wwwkeys.de.pgp.net
key-fingerprint 550D F17E B082 A3E9 F913  9E53 3D35 C9BA 9F8A 785D