OpenPGP card info

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Jan 22 10:52:42 CET 2004

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 20:39:11 +0100, Andreas Jellinghaus said:

> what would be standard commands to format a card,
> and generate keys on it and download the public keys?

gpg --card-edit

Enter "help" to get an overview.  You want to use the "generate"
command then.  Note that gpg is called gpg2 in 1.9.x.

The default PIN is 123456 and the default Admin PIN is 12345678 -
change them for real use.

> olaf told me, once initialized the card should work with
> opensc. I compiled the latest gnupg (1.9.*) with everything,

It is probably easier to use gpg 1.3.x because you don't need the
gpg-agent and all that stuff.  Add --enable-card-support to the
configure invocation.

Werner Koch                                      <wk at gnupg.org>
The GnuPG Experts                                http://g10code.com
Free Software Foundation Europe                  http://fsfeurope.org