[FEATURE REQ, RFC], improving ergonomic HMI fingerprint cross verification

Thomas Schorpp t.schorpp at gmx.de
Sat Jul 24 06:20:34 CEST 2004

David Champion wrote:
| * On 2004.07.23, in <410111F7.80409 at gmx.de>,
| *	"Thomas Schorpp" <t.schorpp at gmx.de> wrote:
|
|>all (*n*x) standard consoles, websites and platform gui support the
|>needed 16 colors for substituting a hex number, dont they?
|

| No. And people still use serial terminals.

well, and theres a (solvable) windos console problem.

| Re colorblindness: Sure, everyone can recognize grayscales, but that's
| not really the problem. The problem is when it's not clear whether
| something is red or green.

cant tell as former printing and package machinery professional ;)
the hex strip is always availlable.

| What about partial or total blindness? Screen readers can read off "Ay
| Be One Five Two Eff ..." but won't read "Red Green Cyan Magenta Rose
| Burgundy Lime Deep Forest Green".

duh, only 8 colours, with bright 16.

|>so ill have printed a line of full ascii "block, die" chars a line below
|>~  every fp output with a --color option to gpg:
|

| This is very cute, and there's nothing wrong with it -- I rather like
| the idea -- but it's not a general solution. It belongs in a front-end,
| not in the core tool.

thank you, ill like to see it in kgpg and enigmail, etc, too, but we
need it at least for dev test of such apps in the secure core (the 3rd).
or you have to show me how to high secure pipes and message loops, etc ;)

im working on a demo patch, buts its very hard for me that i cant use
c++ ostream, etc :|

tom