Fails when compiling [WAS: Re: [Announce] GPGME 1.0.0 released]

Marcus Brinkmann marcus.brinkmann at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Fri Oct 1 13:11:32 CEST 2004

At Fri, 01 Oct 2004 11:57:03 +0200,
Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo <jsogo at debian.org> wrote:
> > Holy Bartholomeus, there is actually somebody compiling GPGME without
> > GpgSM support!  You'd think I would have thought of testing that

>  Sorry for that, but I GpgSM is not even in Debian ;-)

Doesn't really matter.  Just add --with-gpgsm=/usr/bin/gpgsm to the
configure line, and when gpgsm is available and installed, *poof*, it
will work.

Of course, for real usability, you may want to make gpgme suggest or
recommend gpgsm.

I guess for the current release you might want to compile it without
gpgsm support.  It doesn't matter, but in either case I think a
dependency on the first gpgme version compiled with gpgsm support will
need to be added to the gpgsm package manually.

>  But we could solve that as soon as Aegypten is considered stable enough
> to be "published" in Debian pool.

It already is, in fact, we are trying to encourage Debian people to
package it for months now.  There has been some work on it, but no
real break-through yet.

Are you interested? :)

Thanks,
Marcus