PIN entry with ASK_PASSPHRASE_SYM

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Tue Oct 5 13:34:32 CEST 2004

Hi,

currently, gnupg will put "ASK_PASSPHRASE_SYM 0 0 0" on the status fd
when it needs the pin for a key on the card. The docs state that
ASK_PASSPHRASE_PIN is to be used for asking for passphrases for
symetrical pins, and the parameters have some meaning.

I suggest you put
ASK_PASSPHRASE_PIN 0
on the status line when asking for the master pin,
ASK_PASSPHRASE_PIN 1 for the first (the signature) pin and so on.

Additionally, currently gpg won't put GOOD_PASSPHRASE or BAD_PASSPHRASE
on the status line.

If it would be possible to fix these two issues before the release of
1.4, I will try to make sure that evolution will be able to handle this
the way it handles gnupg passphrases.

Thx,
nomeata
--