Build problems

Tim Mooney mooney at dogbert.cc.ndsu.NoDak.edu
Thu Oct 21 17:26:10 CEST 2004

In regard to: Build problems, David Shaw said (at 9:11pm on Oct 20, 2004):

> On Mon, Oct 18, 2004 at 04:39:33AM -0500, Tim Mooney wrote:
>
>> cc-1028 cc: ERROR File = g10.c, Line = 1466
>>   The expression used must have a constant value.
>>
>>         {"show-sig-subpackets",LIST_SHOW_SIG_SUBPACKETS,&subpackets},
>>                                                          ^
>
> Seems to be a C89 vs C99 thing.  I've fixed it, thanks for the report.

Thanks David.  How about the Tru64 UNIX build error?

I spent some time looking at that issue.

- gnupg includes at least three different implementations of
   asprintf/vasprintf internally.

- Using a newer version of vasprintf and asprintf from libiberty
   (I took them out of gdb-6.2.1) worked to build gnupg.  I also needed
   to add a copy of ansidecl.h from libiberty.  asprintf.c and vasprintf.c
   also include libiberty.h, but it wasn't truly needed so I commented it
   out.

- even with the newer version of vasprintf from newer libiberty, there
   might be a problem.  Either the older or newer version of vasprintf.c
   will build with IRIX's cc, but I found strong warnings in stdarg.h that
   programs should not assume that va_list is writeable, and the
   implementation from libiberty does.

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                              mooney at dogbert.cc.ndsu.NoDak.edu