Build problems

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Oct 21 18:31:51 CEST 2004

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 10:26:10 -0500 (CDT), Tim Mooney said:

> - gnupg includes at least three different implementations of
>    asprintf/vasprintf internally.

There is one used only for Windows and gettext (intl/) comes with its
own implementation.  The vasprintf under question comes from the 1.9
branch and we know that it works under Solaris.

> - even with the newer version of vasprintf from newer libiberty, there
>    might be a problem.  Either the older or newer version of vasprintf.c
>    will build with IRIX's cc, but I found strong warnings in stdarg.h that
>    programs should not assume that va_list is writeable, and the
>    implementation from libiberty does.

Well we should take the latest one from gnulib which is the
replacement of -liberty.  It might be easier to get rid of aprintf
entirely for 1.3 - I added the vasprintf just for one simple case
which can be modified to not use asprintf.  I gu8ess that is what I
will do now.