[svn] GnuPG - r3867 - trunk/keyserver

Jason Harris jharris at widomaker.com
Fri Aug 19 00:33:31 CEST 2005

On Thu, Aug 18, 2005 at 05:34:58PM -0400, David Shaw wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 18, 2005 at 05:17:05PM -0400, Jason Harris wrote:

> > It works better without the <, so remove it:
>
> Except, of course, that doesn't do what I want.

I see.  So you'll be adding "--keyserver-options exact-full-userid"
and "exact-partial-userid" next, then?

Wouldn't it be easier just to apply the notation that GPG already
understands/documents for --list-keys et. al. to --search
(from gpg.1):

       =Heinrich Heine <heinrichh at uni-duesseldorf.de>
                 Using an exact to match string.  The equal  sign
                 indicates this.

       <heinrichh at uni-duesseldorf.de>
                 Using  the  email  address part which must match
                 exactly. The left angle bracket  indicates  this
                 email address mode.

       +Heinrich Heine duesseldorf
                 All  words  must  match exactly (not case sensi-
                 tive) but can appear in any order  in  the  user
                 ID.  Words are any sequences of letters, digits,
                 the underscore and all  characters  with  bit  7
                 set.

       Heine

       *Heine    By case insensitive substring matching.  This is
                 the default mode but applications  may  want  to
                 explicitly indicate this by putting the asterisk
                 in front.

NB:  Although + seems redundant, it also doesn't work yet (GPG v1.4.2):

  %gpg -k "+David M. Shaw"
  gpg: DBG: word search mode does not yet work
  gpg: DBG: word search mode does not yet work
  gpg: DBG: word search mode does not yet work
  gpg: DBG: word search mode does not yet work
  gpg: DBG: word search mode does not yet work
  gpg: error reading key: public key not found

v.:

  %gpg -k "*David M. shaw"
  pub   4096R/99242560 2002-01-28

and:

  %gpg -k "David M. shaw"
  pub   4096R/99242560 2002-01-28

Jason Harris           |  NIC:  JH329, PGP:  This _is_ PGP-signed, isn't it?
jharris at widomaker.com _|_ web:  http://keyserver.kjsl.com/~jharris/
          Got photons?   (TM), (C) 2004