[svn] GnuPG - r3867 - trunk/keyserver

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Fri Aug 19 02:47:07 CEST 2005

On Thu, Aug 18, 2005 at 06:33:31PM -0400, Jason Harris wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 18, 2005 at 05:34:58PM -0400, David Shaw wrote:
> > On Thu, Aug 18, 2005 at 05:17:05PM -0400, Jason Harris wrote:
>
> > > It works better without the <, so remove it:
> >
> > Except, of course, that doesn't do what I want.
>
> I see.  So you'll be adding "--keyserver-options exact-full-userid"
> and "exact-partial-userid" next, then?

No.  I don't think they're useful, and keyservers don't support them
uniformly anyway, so the point is moot.

> Wouldn't it be easier just to apply the notation that GPG already
> understands/documents for --list-keys et. al. to --search
> (from gpg.1):

Not a bad idea, though keyservers can't all handle this fully.

Jason, it would be really helpful if we could dispense with the
traditional suggestion method you use.  This isn't the first time, and
it's wasting both our time.  Generally, they go like this (pardon the
paraphrase):

Jason: This sucks.  Change it.  (Without saying what, exactly, is
       bothering you.)

David: No. (Irritated because he's again replying to noise without an
       actual suggestion).

Jason: Sarcastic comment.  (Pause) Useful suggestion.

Can we cut straight to the "Useful suggestion" part?

David