Listing credentials ids in gpg-agent

Nielsen nielsen at memberwebs.com
Sun Aug 21 03:54:52 CEST 2005

Werner Koch wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 00:33:54 +0000 (GMT), Nielsen  said:
>>I'm wondering if there's an assuan command in the gpg-agent protocol
>>that lists the keyids for cached credentials.
>
> Not yet.  However I have seen a need for this myself.  Will be
> implemented as time permits.

Wonderful.

>>I'm the author of seahorse-agent. It would be nice when gnupg2 comes out
>> it could integrate with gpg-agent rather than trying to take the place
>>of gpg-agent.
>
> I am not sure whether I understood it.  gpg-agent will be part of
> gnupg2 as it is now part of gnupg-1.9.x.

Yup. Currently seahorse-agent performs passphrase caching for GNOME
users of Seahorse. Once gnupg2 is stable, then it won't need to anymore.

However to continue with functionality like listing cached secrets in
the notification area, it'll need to be able to poll gpg-agent for the
key ids of the secrets it has cached.

Cheers,
Nate