solved

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Dec 6 18:19:17 CET 2005

Am  6. Dec 2005 um 16:58:45 schrieb Werner Koch:
> On Tue, 6 Dec 2005 15:58:59 +0100, Bernhard Reiter said:
>
> > it was dropped out of -kk packaging, Changelog entry, by Bernhard H.:
> >   * removed /usr/lib/gnupg/pcsc-wrapper as it's no longer built
>
> Hmmm, it is important.

Good to know, we will correct this problem.

> > It used to be in the gpgsm Debian Package, together with scdaemon.
> > Thinking about this: scdaemon probably is used by the agent
> > for OpenPGP, too, so it would make some sense to put pcsc-wrapper
> > and scdaemon into the gnupg-agent package.
> > Werner: Can you confirm?
>
> No, this is not a good idea.  gpg-agent is useful on its own and
> scdaemon may be used without gpg-agent.

So you are saying that scdaemon should be a package on its own?
Currently it is put in the gpgsm package.
Which application is using scdaemon, besides gpg-agent
for openpgp and smime access over pcsc?

> > Bernhard H.: If Werner confirms, we need to improve that package
> > and also send the diff to Debian "gnupg2" source,
> > they are still at 1.9.15-6.
>
> The pscs-wrapper needs to be packaged with scdaemon - it is the only
> package which needs it.  It is similar to dirmngr where we need a
> wrapper for LDAP for the same reason (thread library conflicts).

Yes, my suggestion was to move scdaemon and pscs-wrapper to
gnupg-agent and not keep it in gpgsm for Debian packaging.

> > Werner: I suggest to at least check for the existence of pcsc-wrapper
> > to give a better error message.
>
> Will do so.

Thanks,
	Bernhard