port 80 keyserver access (was Re: small bugs and a small fix (1.4.1rc2 cvs))

Jason Harris jharris at widomaker.com
Fri Feb 25 00:51:15 CET 2005

> > --search on this server was no problem until I upgraded to GnuPG 1.4.0.

> The problem is that keyserver.kjsl.com returns an odd response when
> accessed over port 80 intead of 11371.  Instead of just giving the
> answer, it gives three blank lines and then the answer.  This breaks
> GnuPG's parser.  Jason - what's the deal here?  Can you easily remove
> the blank lines?

Removing whitespace in the .php page itself trims two of the unwanted
newlines, as I've known about for ages, but since even a single empty
line still confuses GPG, yes, it turns out there is an easy fix.  Try
it now (with GPG 1.4.0):

  %gpg --keyserver hkp://keyserver.kjsl.com:80 --search "jis mit"

NB:  Please access the keyserver directly (on port 11371) whenever possible.

--
Jason Harris           |  NIC:  JH329, PGP:  This _is_ PGP-signed, isn't it?
jharris at widomaker.com _|_ web:  http://keyserver.kjsl.com/~jharris/