gpgme test fail (more info)

ryan p bobko ryan at ostrich-emulators.com
Wed Jan 12 03:21:45 CET 2005

Hi Folks,
I previously posted about some trouble I'm having running the tests from the
gpgme /tests/gpg directory. I've now confirmed this problem on another
system, so I thought I'd post more details. Basically, all of the tests
appear to fail even though the compilation and linking and whatnot seem to
succeed flawlessly.

I'm trying to GPGME version 1.0.2. I have libgpg-error 1.0 installed. I've
tried compiling on a reasonably-updated Fedora Core 2, and a Slackware 10.0
install. FC2 is using GCC 3.3.3, while the Slackware install is compiling
with GCC 3.3.4. Also, the error seems to come from the call to
 _gpgme_wait_on_condition (gpgme_ctx_t ctx, volatile int *cond)
in wait-private.c. I stuck a couple debug statements in there, and it looks
like it goes through the while loop several times before bombing on
 err = item->handler (item->handler_value, ctx->fdt.fds[i].fd);
(about line 120). Interestingly, the error value returned is 117440664, which
seems unusual to me. The handler_value is 134528664, which also seems a bit
odd to my mind.

Any ideas on what is causing this? I'm not well versed in the code, but the
values I just quoted seem like gibberish you might get from corrupted memory
or an overflowing uint or something.

Thanks for your attention,

ry

--
Love is a perky elf dancing a merry little jig and then suddenly he turns on
you with a miniature machine gun.