Setting user personal prefs

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Jan 27 15:07:32 CET 2005

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 09:14:03 +0100, Stéphane Corthésy said:

> Since gpg 1.4, user can set some prefs on his keys: algos,
> keyserver. (it would be nice to be able to get that information with
> gpgme).

That is pretty much OpenPGP specific and thus we don't want to have an
explicit API for it.  Using the command callback mechanism should
work.

> Wouldn't it be nice if user could also add some new user-defined prefs
> to his key/userIDs? For example,  related to mail, "accepts PGP/MIME",
> "Always PGP/MIME", "Always encrypted", etc.

You are not on the OpenPGP WG, right?  Well, Hal Finney of PGP
proposed such flags and it has been discussed whether they should be
standarized.  It seems the outcome is that they will go with their
scheme, which is IMHO fine because OpenPGP should not be overloaded
with MUA specific things.  Ah well, notation data is used and gpgme
provides it, we might need to add a few flags to the gpg invocation,
though.  I'll forward the proposal.