gpgme test fail (more info)

Ryan P Bobko ryan at ostrich-emulators.com
Sun Jun 26 17:54:19 CEST 2005

I really appreciate all the help, but I think we might be missing the point of
my original email. At least I know I am! On my slackware and FC2 systems,
compiling the GPGME libraries straight from the tarball created the libraries
and a couple test programs. This happens when I take all the defaults for
compiling and don't change anything. Compiles fine. Tests fail. I
assume--since I haven't modified anything--that these test programs are
compiled in the same file size mode as the library.

Of course, the reason I'm compiling GPGME in the first place is that I want to
use it for an app I maintain. In order for that to work, I had to do all the
other stuff I mentioned. I'm happy to report that I wasn't including config.h
where I needed it, so you're right on the money there! (This thread is a few
months old, and my memory is hazy ;)

At this point, I'm perfectly happy with the library, and it does what I want
it to do. But it took me a long time to get there.

ry

--
My earthly possessions consist of six spinning wheels, prison dishes,
a can of goat's milk, six homespun loin cloths and towels, and my