Two patches for cygwin build of 1.4.1rc2

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Mar 10 11:38:17 CET 2005

On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 16:18:05 -0500, Volker Quetschke said:

> that would be either the location of the started executable or
> everything in the PATH variable. As the

and 4 other locations.  Windows looks for DLLs this way:

  1. The directory from where the current process was loaded.
  2. The current directory
  3. The Windows system directory (cf. GetSystemDirectory)
  4. The 16 bit system directory
  5. The Windows directory (cf. GetWindowsDirectory)
  6. The directories listen in $PATH.

Given that this DLL is requirement for many application, you should
install it into the Windows directory.  Or modify cygwin to allow
environment variable to do this.

Shalom-Salam,