gpgme_cancel() does not stop gpg process from finishing asynchronous call

Igor Belyi gpgme at katehok.ac93.org
Wed Mar 30 01:51:11 CEST 2005

Starting asynchronouse call and then canceling it with gpgme_cancel do cause gpgme_wait() return Canceled error but leaves gpg process working and finishing the call. I have a slightly modified t-genkey test which shows that the key is generated after cancelation. I can send it if you want to.

I also have a patch (attached, since it's very small) fixing the problem in GPGME 1.0.2. :)

Basically, what it does - it stores pid return from _gpgme_io_spawn() in a engine_gpg_t structure field and then gently kills the child in gpg_cancel() callback. I do believe it should also help with those "/* FIXME: kill the child */" thingies.

Hope it helps,
Igor