Key Info Before Import

Atom Smasher atom at smasher.org
Wed May 4 05:29:59 CEST 2005

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005, Stephan Beyer wrote:

>> Is it possible to extract data about a key (Name, Fingerprint,
>> Signatures, Expiration Date, Email, etc) before the key is imported
>> into the key ring?
>
> "gpg -v filename" or "gpg -vv filename" gives you information about the
> packets in the OpenPGP file (for example, a key or a keyring). Should
> tell you everything you want except the fingerprint.
========

this should show you everything you're looking for:
 	gpg -v --with-fingerprint key-file

> Btw: I guess, -devel isn't the right list for this question.

this is the type of question best asked on gnupg-users.

--
         ...atom

  PGP key - http://atom.smasher.org/pgp.txt
  762A 3B98 A3C3 96C9 C6B7 582A B88D 52E4 D9F5 7808

 	"Every successful revolt is termed a revolution,
 	 and every unsuccessful one a rebellion."
 		-- Joseph Priestly, 1791