Problem with PGP key

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Sat Oct 1 15:27:57 CEST 2005

On Fri, Sep 23, 2005 at 02:14:36PM -0500, Alaric Dailey wrote:
> Over at CAcert we are having problems with a user trying to get his PGP
> key signed.  This PGP key works properly under PGP, but fails to even be
> imported with any version of GPG we have tried. Can someone tell me what
> the problem is, is this a bug, is this just a bad way to form the user
> ID or what?

Mark Brown has explained the problem and how to resolve it, but I'm
curious about the original file that didn't work.  Can you tell me
some things about it?

First, what program created the bad key file?  Second, what is the
complete "Comment:" line?  Specifically, was there a space character
after the colon?

David