Problem with PGP key

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Sat Oct 1 16:04:25 CEST 2005

On Sat, Oct 01, 2005 at 09:27:57AM -0400, David Shaw wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 23, 2005 at 02:14:36PM -0500, Alaric Dailey wrote:
> > Over at CAcert we are having problems with a user trying to get his PGP
> > key signed.  This PGP key works properly under PGP, but fails to even be
> > imported with any version of GPG we have tried. Can someone tell me what
> > the problem is, is this a bug, is this just a bad way to form the user
> > ID or what?
>
> Mark Brown has explained the problem and how to resolve it, but I'm
> curious about the original file that didn't work.  Can you tell me
> some things about it?
>
> First, what program created the bad key file?  Second, what is the
> complete "Comment:" line?  Specifically, was there a space character
> after the colon?

I should add that I do see the key file claims to be exported from
"PGP 8.1".  I'm making sure that it is not a different program trying
to look like PGP 8 for compatibility reasons (like most web browsers
claim to be Mozilla).  Also, I do see that the Comment: line does not
have a space in the sample key file posted to the list - I need to
verify whether the original file, before being pasted into an email,
had a space there.

David