OpenPGP Card

Alon Bar-Lev alon.barlev at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 20:19:45 CEST 2005

Peter wrote:

>>Oh, that's the old Aladdin stuff.  Well, they've certainly come a
>>*long* way since I last looked at them - in the 1999-2000 time frame
>>they had the worst PKCS #11 driver I've ever seen, and their "support"
>>consisted of telling you to buy more copies of their $700 SDK to see
>>whether they'd fixed any of the bugs in the version you already had.

> Argh, sorry, wrong driver, it's the ActivCard drivers (and support) that
were that bad, not Aladdin.
> Aladdin (and by extension ASECard and Athena Cards, and eTokens as well)
work just fine.  Just to
> repeat that: Nothing wrong with Aladdin's PKCS #11.

I am glad you corrected your-self...
ActivCard did not implement a good CSP/PKCS#11 on Windows too... :(

Athena and Aladdin produce good support software... I am using their cards
and I am very happy... Athena support Linux well... And even share the same
cards between Windows CSP/PKCS#11 and Linux PKCS#11!!!

Best Regards,
Alon Bar-Lev