Keys listed twice when --keyring used - request to filter

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Sep 12 15:39:23 CEST 2005

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 14:24:56 +0200, Marcus Brinkmann said:

> It is our opinion that keyring settings are a crypto engine
> configuration that should be done in gpg.conf (thus setting it for all
> applications).  If you need total control over the crypto backend, you

Let me add that the concept of several keyrings or keyrings at all
might soon vanish.  For performance reasons we will put everything
into one database and provide meta data with the source of the key
(e.g. from keyserver xyz) or whether this key is read-only (e.g. to
emulate Debian distributed keyrings).

Shalom-Salam,