Keys listed twice when --keyring used - request to filter

Kurt Fitzner kfitzner at excelcia.org
Mon Sep 12 17:13:18 CEST 2005

Werner Koch wrote:

> Let me add that the concept of several keyrings or keyrings at all
> might soon vanish.  For performance reasons we will put everything
> into one database and provide meta data with the source of the key
> (e.g. from keyserver xyz) or whether this key is read-only (e.g. to
> emulate Debian distributed keyrings).

I'm not sure I understand this completely.  There is going to be a
central database where each key can have meta-data that (potentially)
tells GnuPG that the key is actually located somewhere else - such as on
a keyserver?

So the database's key entry itself would be simply a stub - placeholder
data to indicate that GnuPG needs to retrieve the key from elsewhere?

	Kurt.