poldi bug: SIGSEGV if no reader

Lionel Elie Mamane lionel at mamane.lu
Sat Apr 1 07:58:15 CEST 2006

On Fri, Mar 31, 2006 at 11:51:50PM +0200, Moritz Schulte wrote:

>> Besides the wait-timeout option is not documented (but should really
>> be set by default!).

> Why is that?  For e.g. login, I wouldn't want Poldi to use a timeout
> so that login is respawned every few minutes, because of failed
> logins.

Err... That's not what it does, at least to my understanding and
testing. It doesn't make login exit when it is just sitting
idly. *But*, if there is a card reader but no card in the reader and
the user logging in has a card associated with him, then it makes the
whole login process fall back to other authentication methods (such as
pam_unix) when there is no card inserted after the said
timeout. That's the effect I was presenting as desirable.

--
Lionel