off_t bug in gpgme

Eric Collins eric.collins at slacorp.com
Wed Apr 19 22:56:39 CEST 2006

Hi,

I compiled gpgme-1.0.3 on a Pentium 3 system running CentOS 4.3. The
configure script produced a config.h that enables 64 bit file offset (eg
#define _FILE_OFFSET_BITS 64). In sys/types.h this makes off_t a 64-bit
value.

However, when I compile my user program that uses gpgme it does not
define FILE_OFFSET_BITS 64 and so off_t is set to a 32-bit value. In
this case, gpgme_data_seek is getting the wrong value for whence and
failing.

I am not sure what the correct solution is. Should FILE_OFFSET_BITS 64
not be set in config.h on this platform or should my user program be
defining it as well? For now I have rebuilt gpgme with
--disable-largefile which has fixed the issue.

More information availabe as needed.

Thanks,

--ec