GPGME v1.0.3 on Win32

Marcus Brinkmann marcus.brinkmann at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Fri Apr 21 21:35:29 CEST 2006

At Sun, 16 Apr 2006 12:37:06 +0800,
David ARMOUR <david.armour at st.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I saw a previous thread from 2002 on the subject of compiling GPGME which stated I must use:
>
> ./autogen.sh
> ./configure
> make
>
> I am trying to compile GPGME library 1.0.3 for Win32 using the MinGW compiler and MSYS environment.

If you really want to build it yourself, here are a couple of hints.
Otherwise, skip this paragraph and read on below.  We currently only
support cross compilation.  This works just like any other cross
compilation (using "--host i586-mingw32msvc" and the other appropriate
options).  Or you can check out the --build-w32 option to autogen.sh.

> Can you please give me some advice on compiling or obtaining a
> pre-compiled Win32 MinGW compatible version of GPGME.

For your convenience, we have a new project, GPG4Win, which contains
GPGME and a lot of other GnuPG related packages.  It is available from
http://www.gpg4win.org/

The GPG4Win sources also contain all the information about how to
cross build all these tools, but of course only indirectly via the
automated build rules.

Thanks,
Marcus