Why Is libassuan still a static lib?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Dec 12 08:27:03 CET 2006

On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 04:52, eric at debian.org said:

> I sort of thought going 1.0 meant you had the API under control.

I believe that this is the case.  Others might only start looking at it
because it is 1.0 now.   As soon as GPGME fully supports descriptor
passing we will come up with a shared lib.

>> FWIW, GPGME and Pinentry both come with stipped down and source copied
>> versions for libassuan.
>
> Ugh, really? Will they be receptive to fixing that?

No.  It does not make much sense.  Both use only the client part and
tehre is no point in adding all the support for servers.  If is not
much code anyway.

Salam-Shalom,