gpg-agent in windows

John Clizbe JPClizbe at comcast.net
Tue Jan 17 06:56:06 CET 2006

Glen Ogilvie wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone have a compiled binary of gpg and gpg-agent that works on
> MS windows?
>
> I've written an application in perl, which uses GPG to decrypt various
> config files.  In linux, this works well, as it can use gpg-agent so
> the user is not prompted all the time for their passphrase.
>
> However, under windows, when I try gpg --use-agent, in gpg 1.4.2, it tells
> me it's unsupported, and I don't have a gpg-agent.exe binary.  Does the
> development version, 1.9.20 have gpg-agent and gpg that will compile on
> windows.

I'm in the process of building the dependency libraries for GnuPG 1.9 at the
moment (which includes gpg-agent) on Windows. So far, it's not too promising.
I may punt and try a Cygwin build first.

There's a windows binary in
ftp://ftp.gnupg.org/gcrypt/alpha/binary/gnupg-w32cli-1.9.14.zip

You may wish to try a mirror. I haven't been able to access the server via FTP.
http://ftp.gnupg.org/gcrypt/alpha/binary/gnupg-w32cli-1.9.14.zip seems to work.

--
John P. Clizbe                   Inet:   JPClizbe(a)comcast DOT nyet
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter