gpg-agent in windows

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Jan 18 11:06:31 CET 2006

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 08:51:02 +1300, Glen Ogilvie said:

> packages does not seem to have any client that can use this, except for maybe
> gpgsm, which does not seem to be able to do much, I think, because 1.9.14 is

Yes, gpgsm is the reasons why I did the port at all.  The stuff is
currently used in a server environment to encrypt/decrypt large S/MIME
messages.  It works, but it is hard to setup.

Quite possible that gpg has not been converted.  You may take the
gpg-agent from that package and modify a gpg 1.4 for Windows.  The
main thing to do is to add the socket emulation
(gnupg-1.9/util/w32_afunix.[ch]).  Of course it would be better to
trun the gpg-agent into a system service.

Salam-Shalom,